This paper should clearly and comprehensively identify the chronic health disease chosen. Select a topic from the following list (topics rotate):
· Type 1 Diabetes
· Cystic Fibrosis
· Macular Degeneration
The paper should be organized into the following sections:
1. Introduction (Identification of the problem) with a clear presentation of the problem as well as the significance and a scholarly overview of the paper’s content. No heading is used for the Introduction per APA 6th edition.
2. Background and Significance of the disease, to include: Definition, description, signs and symptoms, and current incidence and/or prevalence statistics by state with a comparison to national statistics pertaining to the disease. Create a table of incidence or prevalence rates by your geographic county/city or state with a comparison to national statistics. Use the APA text for formatting guidelines (tables). This is a table that you create using relevant data, it should not be a table from another source using copy/paste.
3. Surveillance and Reporting: Current surveillance methods and mandated reporting processes.
4. Epidemiological Analysis: Conduct a descriptive epidemiology analysis of the health condition. Be sure to include all of the 5 W’s: What, Who, Where, When, Why. Use details associated with all of the W’s, such as the “Who” which should include an analysis of the determinants of health. Include costs (both financial and social) associated with the disease or problem.
5. Screening and Guidelines: Review how the disease is diagnosed and current national standards (guidelines). Pick one screening test (review Week 2 Discussion Board) and review its sensitivity, specificity, predictive value, and cost.
6. Plan: Integrating evidence, provide a plan of how a nurse practitioner will address this chronic health condition after graduation. Provide three specific interventions that are based on the evidence and include how you will measure outcomes (how will you know that the interventions have utility, are useful?) Note: Consider primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions as well as the integration of health policy advocacy efforts. All interventions should be based on evidence – connected to a resource such as a scholarly piece of research.
7. Summary/Conclusion: Conclude in a clear manner with a brief overview of the keys points from each section of the paper utilizing integration of resources.
8. Adhere to all paper preparation guidelines (see below).
Preparing the Paper:
1. Page length: 7-10 pages, excluding title page and references.
2. APA format 6th edition
3. Include scholarly in-text references throughout and a reference list.
4. Include at least one table that the student creates to present information. Please refer to the “Requirements” or rubric for further details. APA formatting required.
5. Length: Papers not adhering to the page length may be subject to either (but not both) of the following at the discretion of the course faculty: 1. Your paper may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines, or, 2. Your faculty may deduct up to five (5) points from the final grade.
6. Adhere to the Chamberlain College of Nursing academic policy on integrity as it pertains to the submission of original work for assignments.
|ASSIGNMENT CONTENT Category Pts % Description Identification of the Health Problem 15 7.5% Comprehensively and succinctly states the problem/concern. Clear presentation of the problem as well as the significance with a scholarly overview of the paper’s content. Background and Significance of the Health Problem 30 15% Background and significance is complete, presents risks, disease impact and includes a review of incidence and prevalence of the disease within the student’s state compared to national data. Evidence supports background. A student created table is included using APA format. Current Surveillance and Reporting Methods 30 15% Current state and national disease surveillance methods are reviewed along with currently gathered types of statistics and information on whether the disease is mandated for reporting. Supported by evidence. Descriptive Epidemiological Analysis of Health Problem 35 17% Comprehensive review and analysis of descriptive epidemiological points for the chronic health problem. The 5 W’s of epidemiological analysis should be fully identified. Supported by scholarly evidence. Screening, Diagnosis, Guidelines 30 15% Review of current guidelines for screening and diagnosis. Screening tool statistics related to validity, predictive value, and reliability of screening tests are presented. Plan of Action 30 15% Integrating evidence, provide a plan of how a nurse practitioner will address this chronic health condition after graduation. Provide three specific interventions that are based on the evidence and include how you will measure outcomes (how will you know that the interventions have utility, are useful?) Note: Consider primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions as well as the integration of health policy advocacy efforts. All interventions should be based on evidence – connected to a resource such as a scholarly piece of research. Conclusion 15 7.5% The conclusion thoroughly, clearly, succinctly, and logically presents major points of the paper with clear direction for action. Includes scholarly references 185 92% Total CONTENT Points=185 pts ASSIGNMENT FORMAT Category Points % Description APA 6th ed. 10 5% APA is consistently utilized according to the 6th edition throughout the paper. Grammar, Syntax, Spelling 5 3% The paper is free from grammar, unscholarly context or “voice” and spelling is accurate throughout. 15 8% Total FORMAT Points=15 pts 200 100% ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=200 points|
Can I get a competent professional to write my essays for me or do my essays for me cheap? Yes, we can write your papers for you from scratch and within your deadline. Place an order, and our experts will complete your papers according to instructions
We provide excellent papers within your deadline. Just give clear instructions and your paper is done!