Assignment Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with an opportunity to explore the concept of marginalization and how it impacts the healthcare of women and childbearing families.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Articulate understanding of marginalization through current article appraisal. (CO5)
- Devise actions to mitigate social impacts to marginalized women and childbearing families. (CO5)
- Appraise the role of policy in the marginalization of women and childbearing families. (CO5)
- Read the following article, which can be found in the Chamberlain library: Prodan‐Bhalla, N., & Browne, A. J. (2019). Exploring women’s health care experiences through an equity lens: Findings from a community clinic serving marginalised women. Journal of clinical nursing, 28(19-20), 3459-3469. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14937
- As an advanced practice nurse, what are three actions you can take to mitigate social impacts to marginalized women?
- What role does policy at either government, state, or local level play in the marginalization of women and child bearing families?
- Identify one policy that impacts marginalized groups (include whether the policy is at the federal, state, or local level).
- Discuss how policy impacts marginalized groups either positively or negatively.
Discussion Guiding Principles
The ideas and beliefs underpinning the discussions guide students through engaging dialogues as they achieve the desired learning outcomes/competencies associated with their course in a manner that empowers them to organize, integrate, apply and critically appraise their knowledge to their selected field of practice. The use of discussions provides students with opportunities to contribute level-appropriate knowledge and experience to the topic in a safe, caring, and fluid environment that models professional and social interaction. The ebb and flow of a discussion is based upon the composition of student and faculty interaction in the quest for relevant scholarship. Participation in the discussion generates opportunities for students to actively engage in the written ideas of others by carefully reading, researching, reflecting, and responding to the contributions of their peers and course faculty. Discussions foster the development of members into a community of learners as they share ideas and inquiries, consider perspectives that may be different from their own, and integrate knowledge from other disciplines.
Good writing calls for the limited use of direct quotes. Direct quotes in discussions are to be limited to one short quotation (not to exceed 15 words). The quote must add substantively to the discussion. Points will be deducted under the grammar, syntax, APA category.
**To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.
Can I get a competent professional to write my essays for me or do my essays for me cheap? Yes, we can write your papers for you from scratch and within your deadline. Place an order, and our experts will complete your papers according to instructions
We provide excellent papers within your deadline. Just give clear instructions and your paper is done!