Your practicum experiences in NURS 8410, NURS 8400, and NURS 8500 have provided opportunities to gain knowledge, perspective, and skills that bolster your specialty area practice. They have laid a foundation for reflecting on your own strengths and challenges as a scholar-practitioner and a nurse leader in a dynamic workplace. Indeed, significant self-analysis is a core aspect of this course, and you will be asked to integrate this type of reflection into your work on several assignments in the upcoming weeks.
This Discussion serves as a springboard for the Practicum assignment you are to develop this week. As you plan your practicum experience for this course, consider how you can effectively communicate with key stakeholders in your practicum setting regarding the implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of an evidence-based project.
- View and consider the “To prepare” section of the Week 1 Assignment area.
- Reflect on your practicum experiences in NURS 8410, NURS 8400, and NURS 8500.
- Assess the professional growth (including development of leadership and communication skills) you have achieved through previous practicum experiences in the DNP program. Also, think about the topics presented in courses you completed earlier in the program. Are there content areas or skills that you would like to—or may need to—address to facilitate your continued development as a scholar-practitioner and a nurse leader?
- Think about competencies that support the successful implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of an evidence-based project, and assess your strengths and areas for growth with regard to these competencies.
- Begin to develop your plan for the practicum, including two or three learning objectives.
By tomorrow Tuesday May 28, 2019 write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least three scholarly references. Include the level one header as numbered below:
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Describe how you intend to use your practicum experience to further your goals for successful evidence-based project implementation, evaluation, and dissemination and for your development as a scholar-practitioner and a nurse leader.
Oermann, M. H., & Hays, J. C. (2016). Writing for publication in nursing (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 1, “Getting Started”
This chapter introduces the steps an author can follow in planning, writing, and publishing manuscripts in nursing. The chapter predominantly focuses on early writing decisions.
· Chapter 2, “Selecting a Journal”
Chapter 2 focuses on how to evaluate and select journals. The chapter also provides guidelines for writing a query letter to gauge the interest of journal editors.
· Chapter 4, “Reviewing the Literature”
In this chapter, the authors make suggestions for conducting and writing a literature review for a manuscript.
Keep in mind that, as noted in Chapter 4, the Literature Review section of an article for publication must be tailored for that format; it is not the same as for an academic paper.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012b). The DNP Project. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 6 minutes.
Dr. Kristen Mauk shares her experiences and insights on developing and completing her DNP Project.
Can I get a competent professional to write my essays for me or do my essays for me cheap? Yes, we can write your papers for you from scratch and within your deadline. Place an order, and our experts will complete your papers according to instructions
We provide excellent papers within your deadline. Just give clear instructions and your paper is done!